Ladakh Pangong Tso – 8 days
Ladakh Pangong Tso Itinerary for a Memorable Trip
If you're looking for an adventure in the Himalayas, consider the Ladakh Pangong Tso Itinerary. With a minimum of 3 people, this itinerary covers some of the most exciting places in the region. Get ready to explore the breathtaking landscapes and cultural heritage of this unique part of the world.
Day 01: Arrival in Leh
After arriving in Leh, take some time to rest at the hotel in the morning. In the afternoon, visit the Leh Palace, Shankar Gompa, Shanti Stupa, and Leh Bazaar. You'll have plenty of time to explore the markets and interact with the locals. Spend the night in Leh.
Day 02: Discovering the Monasteries
On the second day, you'll get to explore the famous monasteries of Hemis, Thiksey, Shey, and Chemery. Take in the stunning views of the Himalayas and learn about the history and culture of the region. Spend the night in Leh.
Day 03: Alchi Village
After breakfast, drive to Alchi and visit the Alchi Monastery and Tshatshapuri Lhakhang. Take a stroll through the Alchi Village and experience the local way of life. Spend the night in Leh.
Day 04: Nubra Valley
On day four, you'll take a full-day excursion to Nubra Valley via Khardung La, one of the highest motorable passes in the world. Enjoy the panoramic view of the Sand Dunes and go on an optional Camel Safari. Spend the night in Nubra.
Day 05: Return to Leh
In the morning, visit the Diskit Monastery and then return to Leh. Take the rest of the day to relax and explore the city. Spend the night in Leh.
Day 06: Pangong Tso
On day six, embark on a full-day excursion to Pangong Tso via Chang La. The breathtaking views of the lake will leave you in awe. Spend the night in Pangong Tso.
Day 07: Return to Leh
After breakfast, drive back to Leh via Chemery Monastery. Spend the rest of the day relaxing and exploring the city. Spend the night in Leh.
Day 08: Departure
On the final day of the trip, transfer to Leh Airport for your departure.
About Pangong Tso:
Pangong Tso is a high-altitude lake situated in the Himalayas at a height of about 4,350 m (14,270 ft). The lake is 134 km (83 mi) long and extends from India to China. Approximately 60% of the length of the lake lies in China, while the remaining 40% is in India. The lake covers a total area of 604 square kilometers and is known for its stunning beauty. Despite being a saline water lake, it freezes completely during winter. The lake is not a part of the Indus river basin area and is a separate landlocked river basin. The lake is currently in the process of being identified under the Ramsar Convention as a wetland of international importance. This will be the first trans-boundary wetland in South Asia under the convention.