Chadar Lingshed – Tongday Trek
Difficulty Level: Strenuous
Best Season to go: January to middle of March
Temperature: below 20℃ (min) to 30℃ (max).
Duration: 18 to 21 days
Minimum number of people : 6
- On this day here we start our chadar trek, virtually after breakfast start walking with day pack.Lunch stop overat tilat sumdo, the confluence of chharap river.After the lunch walk till to camp, where parties have already busy with salting up of the camp near the small cave, this day you will experience we the different of the chard trek and the normal trek.Over night campsite.
- Today we will come across a waterfall called chhumchar, coming out of rock.Here we assemble for lunch stop over may see wildlife in herd of groups.Here we will camp in a natural cave.Which can be accommodation more then 40 peoples, the biggest one on way in chadar caves.Over night Campsite.
- Today we come across a juniper tree before Nyrak villages.And yulchung nalla.After short walk from juniper tree one most beautiful ice fall which is quite picturesque.In this area we see nyrak village’s upper top of camp and across bridge.Which made local wood over night camp Nyrak pullo.
- Morning after the breakfast walk along Zanskar River till lingshedsumdo, from lingshed sumdo we leave zanskar river chadar ice route enter in the lingshed Nalla, lunch stop and walk till lingshed villages from the villages very nice view of gonpa.Which is famous in the area for panting as well.Over night in the local family house.
- Today we come across a under river spring, which is supposed to be one in heddle in chadar trek, here the river appeases some time , then one has to take.Peoples ask whether there the ice some time softer its hold and water appear on the ice over night in local family house.The first village’s zanskar on the chadar trek route.
- Morning after breakfast proceed towards karsha in the left.We will see Zangla palace and villages where royal family still resident and we pass small villages Rinam, stop for lunch on arrival at Karsha we explore the area, as we are in the main town and on the other side of the river we can see Padum two night in local house in Karsha.